Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, we are a participating provider with Medicare Part B and almost all private Medicare Advantage health plans. We will let you know in advance if we do not take your health plan.

We currently do not accept Medicaid as a primary insurance, but may accept it as a secondary form of insurance.

We will act as your new PCP and will be named as such with your insurance company. Many Medicare plans require that the patient select a primary care provider to be named on your insurance card; without this step we would be unable to take care of you in your place of residence.

We will determine that based on your health status, and your needs and goals. But typically, it’s a minimum of four times per year, but oftentimes more than that.

We are in-network with Medicare and most Medicare Advantage plans, and any out-of-pocket costs are set by your health plan. Typically, our visit is just the cost of a traditional doctor’s office copay, and many preventive services are even covered by insurance providers at no cost. Your out-of-pocket amount is set by your insurance plan and n to you before you book your visit. Certain third-party services, such as lab tests, have additional charges, and will not be performed without your consent.

We don’t collect payment or copays before your visit, so you will only be billed for the services you receive. After your visit, your financial responsibility for the visit will be available on our patient portal, however we will also send you a statement by mail and email noting any copays or deductibles. Easily pay online or by phone.

Labs, imaging, and pharmacy costs are third-party expenses and may vary by the third party. These are separate costs. SabioHealth At-Home isn’t responsible for charges incurred by third parties such as laboratories, pharmacies, or imaging centers. These services are usually covered by insurance, but we encourage you to contact your insurance carrier in advance to confirm any out-of-pocket costs. Due to lab restrictions and policies, blood or urine samples cannot be collected during the house call on weekends or after 4pm on weekdays. If you need a house call at one of these times, your provider will refer you to a patient service center to have lab work collected.

The cost of your visit depends on what service you require and how much of it your insurance provider covers. For example, Medicare Part B only pays for 80% of the cost of services, the patient either individually or with a Medicare supplement plan is responsible for the remaining 20%. Additionally, the amount you’re charged may vary depending on whether or not you’re still in your deductible period.

Your insurance company likely sent you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) listing services that were billed by a healthcare provider, how those charges were processed, and the total amount of the claim you’re responsible for. In this case, you may be responsible for a coinsurance payment, which is a percentage of your insurance you’re required to pay after you’ve met your deductible.

We will come to wherever you call home including senior living communities and assisted living facilities. If a center has a designated doctor, such as at a nursing home, we would need to receive permission from the facility to complete a home-based primary care visit.

You will only be charged a cancelation fee if it occurs within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment, as we are a mobile primary care practice and all visits are routed several days in advance of your appointment.

Follow us @sabiohealth

Facebook Icon X Icon